About This Role
Purpose of job
The Technology Team enables corporate functions to evolve their operating models by implementing end to end technology and data-driven solutions, improving quality, managing risk and reducing costs.
As part of the Technology Team, the Product Development Team is responsible for supporting and developing legal technology solutions for customers that can be implemented and evolved at pace, are easy to use and deliver significant value in terms of management information and data.
In particular, the purpose of the job is as follows:
- You will be responsible for leading and supporting the configuration of the Kim platform and related technologies for multiple projects.
- You will either already have (internal candidates), or will quickly develop, a detailed knowledge and understanding of the configuration and the wider technical capabilities of the Kim platform and related technologies.
- You will have the stature, maturity and confidence to be comfortable working with General Counsel and with lawyers, IT professionals, project managers, procurement experts, support staff and other customer stakeholders.
- You will be capable of making formal and informal presentations to senior customer stakeholders plus handling challenging and difficult situations calmly and professionally. You will have the antennae to sense and pre-empt problems and the ability to offer solutions where necessary.
- You will have a proven ability to analyse and interpret data and present it in a way internally and with the customer that tells actionable stories.
- You will have the ability to identify additional business opportunities with existing customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Business Development team in responding to customer legal technology RFPs and other technology queries.
- Configuring demonstration platforms and supporting customer demonstrations.
Kim Platform Implementation And Support
- Supporting the Implementation Team in gathering and scoping requirements and translating those requirements into configuration activity on the Kim platform.
Receiving and understanding instructions in relation to the configuration of templates, workflows and processes within Kim and building / testing those configurations to required specifications.
- Receiving and supporting requests from customers in relation to existing Kim implementations, identifying whether such requests relate to coding or configuration requirements, and whether such requests are fixes or change requests.
- Demonstrating a clear understanding of and clearly articulating positive User experiences within a technology platform, and (internal candidates) demonstrating how such positive User experiences can be implemented within Kim.
- Supporting the process of capturing customer feedback and relaying potential product improvements to the Kim Technologies team.
Research & Development / Other Legal Technologies
- Co-ordinating Market Horizon Scanning activity in terms of other legal technologies and providers.
- Supporting the Chair of the Legal “X”s Committee in identifying, promoting and productising alternative legal technology solutions.
- Co-ordinating internal Technology Team activity and process (and the documentation of that activity and process), including handling and, where appropriate, escalating and following up on core Kim platform and other technical issues.
- Improving the customer experience by continually supporting, feeding back on and refining our internal processes.
- Supporting other members of the team in relation to the configuration of Kim through project support and general knowledge sharing.
- Maintaining a close and productive working relationship with Kim Technologies in relation to feedback and testing of product improvements.
- Managing, supporting, developing and training members of the Technology Team, including taking line management responsibility for members of the team.
You will have the ability to work within a team as well as to operate independently. In particular, you will be able to:
- Manage your time effectively to complete your own and team workloads and meet external and internal deadlines.
- Create and maintain productive and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Work closely with all the key stakeholders across the business and customers to manage the team effectively.
Your performance will be measured in the following ways:
- Achieving objectives which are organised around Profitability, Productivity, Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Embodying and demonstrating the Riverview Values and behaviours in all tasks and empowering all team members to do likewise.
- Contributing to the objectives of the business.
Education / Qualifications
- Degree qualified or equivalent.
Skills / Attributes / Experience
Key required skills include:
- Highly proficient IT skills (Word processing, Spreadsheets, Databases, MS Outlook) and accurate keyboard skills.
- Ability to take ownership of and lead project work-streams.
- Ability to demonstrate relevant experience of understanding, mapping out and implementing business processes and workflows.
- Articulate, confident and fluent communication skills with a good level of oral and written English.
- A commercial / pragmatic approach to problem solving with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Ability to work within a fast paced and flexible working environment.
It would also be useful for you to be able to demonstrate relevant experience and knowledge of the following:
- Configuration of the Kim platform (internal candidates).
- Software development and implementation (from an end-user perspective).
- Use of Customer-facing business applications.
- Pro-active attitude and solution focused.
- Time management.
- A fast learner with a flexible attitude to working practices.
- Attention to detail.
- IT literacy.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Analysis and decision-making.
- Ability to work to deadlines and deliver to key performance indicators.
- Numeracy and data awareness.
You will work within the core business hours of 8am and 6pm. In addition, you will be expected to work such further hours as will be necessary to fulfill your duties or the needs of the business, including occasional overnight stays as required. Whenever possible, your Manager will give you reasonable notice of any additional hours.
Riverview Law is fully committed to the principle of equal opportunities in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination, direct or indirect. All employees are expected to promote and work fully in line with the Company’s Equal Opportunities policy.
We will keep you up to date with our latest naws and offers